Saturday 16 July 2011

Scan The Contents - What It's All About ?

Way back in 1985 I remember hearing my first hip hop track in the back of the school minibus on the way to play a basketbasket match. Up until then had no interest in any sort of music but how things were about to change. It was 'The Message' and I loved it and wanted to hear more. Every penny I earnt from paper rounds, collecting rounds etc was spent in my quest to find out whatever I could about this 'new' music I had heard. Twenty six years has now past since those day and I still have pretty much everything I ever collected to do with hip hop. While there are numerous blogs covering the vinyl side of things I found very few with any early hip hop interviews on. What I intend to do here is post as much as I can from my collection of magazines and cuttings from my golden years of hip hop, 1986-1989. I'll put up scans of the pages which will hopefully be readable but if not I'll try and put the text below it. Just hope my scanners up to it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment